Friday, April 20, 2012

Balikpapan 2

"Life is like a roller coaster. Its has its ups and downs, but it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride"

More about Balikpapan....

For those who don't know Balikpapan is at Kalimantan, Borneo Island. yes sebelah2 je dengan Sarawak. Maybe that's why the city is more-Malaysia-look than Bandung and Jakarta. So Balikpapan doesn't get affected by the earthquake eventho it's in Indonesia (but my boss claimed that he can feel it during offshore. like durhh). Geographically, Penang is closer to Acheh than Balikpapan. 

I went there with my boss.I know I have to get used to this, but maybe for the first time, I really don't. I'm fine with the fact that it's only 2 of us. Well, pegi kerja takkan nak anta satu company kan. But........ OK.
He's a married man, OK. i guess he's 40+, OK. and he's pure Indian from India, not Malaysian-Indian, OK. See the 3 OK combo? That's what makes me feel awkward all the way. HAHAHA. don't get me wrong die bukan jahat ke ape, die baik je, but it's just me yang ntah ape2 kekekeke. 

The first day, I went out for dinner with him and I was sooo homesick I don't know why. kahkahkah. I kept thinking about this on my mind "awkwardnya", "oh now i know how boring my life could be", "having dinner alone is much better" and so on...So the second day, saya pon berfikir, if all I can think is just all the awkward, awkward and awkward moments, I would have wasted this trip just like that. I only have a week, not that I'll stay there for a month! So, the next day, after work, we went back to the Hotel, I prayed, changed coverall and went out alone. HAHA. and I was enjoying it. No more awkward feeling! hehe.

My hotel is just opposite to the waterfront. Pegi tepi laut jalan2.  Took a few pictures, tapi malas upload because everyone knows how old-school my phone is, 3gs has a very bad quality camera. Pastu pegi mall, window shopping and having early dinner alone. kekeke. 

A day before we checked out, I went to Kebun Sayur. Kebun Sayur ialah tempat carik souvenir yeyy! After work on Thursday, I called the receptionist asked how to get to Kebun Sayur and siap2 terus amek cab to Kebun sayur. And it took about 30mins driving. Yes, I went there alone. Of course, the aftermath is I got scolded tapi biase2 la tu kan. But, i have no option. To enjoy it or miss it. hehehe. And that's how we grow up kan, make mistake and learn :P :P So sama je mcm Sabah Sarwak, Balikpapan famous dengan gelang2, rantai2 yg batu2, craft2, pastu kain2 Batik and ikan masin. Dalam cab,  borak2 dengan pakcik teksi, biase la kan kalau cakap ala2 Indon mesti diorg pon baik je layan and I am so luckkyyy pakcik cab tu baik gila and siap offer temankan shopping. dia kta kalau die tolong cakap2kan dapat murah , which is really true! i experienced this before in Bandung, kalau org Malaysia yang beli, semurah2 nya pon takkan sama dengan local. And another thing, I dont have to worry about transportation to go back to the Hotel anymore. Alhamdulillah, sampai ke hotel dengan selamatnya and work hard to finish the report by 12.00am kahkahkah. Nasib baik sempat siap report :P

Oh and another thing I learnt is Malaysian memang suka makan kahkahkah. Ok I've been to a few client companies in Malaysia, technip, MMC, RNZ and blabla, everytime ade meeting even a short one, sure ade food! kuih2, air mineral,coffee and tea mmg provided all the times, and kalau lucky siap provide lunchhh as good as Kenny Rogers and O'Brien kekeke. Tapi time kick-off meeting dekat TOTAL E&P Indonesie, Kick-off meeting kott kire important la, takde provide food ape2 pon. HAHAHA. ok me always looking for food. yes free food :P 

2 years ago. Internship at Petronas Methanol Labuan

2 weeks ago. Bekapai platform, Balikpapan.

Alhamdulillah.

2 comments:

Izzati Ellyani said...

you look awesome..!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

agree!!