Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Jiuzhaigou Review Part I

Jiuzhaigou is more to love-at-first-sight kinda place for me. When I first saw the pictures, I fell in love right away and immediately booked the flight tickets. But I fell in love even more after my visit. Jiuzhaigou is a really a peaceful, wonderful and beautiful hidden treasure on earth. Here is a few important things you need to know before planning to go to Jiuzhaigou:

1) The nearest International Airport from Kuala Lumpur (by AirAsia) is Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.
2) There are 2 transportation options to go from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, one is by 45 minutes domestic flight and another one is 10 hours bus ride.
3) Quite high amount of Energy, Cost and Time are required for Jiuzhaigou trip. I never read this anywhere and just realized it after my visit to Jiuzhaigou, which I think is a good tip to know beforehand, YOU NEED TO BE FIT. Banyakk gila berjalan until I reached to a point where I can't feel my leg anymore T_T. I wonder how the makcik2 can do Jiuzhaigou with formal dress and high heels, excuse me?
4) English is almost none in Jiuzhaigou, and Chengdu is no any better. So be prepared to speak like an alien there.
5) Two main attractions in Sichuan is Jiuzhaigou and HuangLong. Recommended to visit both. However, during my stay in Chengdu, I saw a lot more suggested tour package from Chengdu including 4 sisters mountain, horse riding trip, panda observation etc. You can do more research about them if you have more than 5 days to spend.
6) Peak season to visit Jiuzhaigou is Autumn. But bear in mind you need to fight with the exceptionally large crowd during peak season. But I'm so sure the view is gonna be exceptionally beautiful as well. Life is really about making decision isn't it? hehe
7) Free wifi in China means Free Whatsapp. They blocked all social media facebook, instagram, twitter or even google. So be well prepared, booked everything before hand, google as much as you want before depart.

Here is the quick summary of my trip.

Day 1- KLIA2 to Chengdu (Overnight at FlipFlop Hostel, Chengdu)
Day 2 - Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou by 10 hours bus ride (Overnight at Caiyun Hotel, JZH)
Day 3 & 4 - Jiuzhaigou National Park (Overnight at Caiyun Hotel, JZH)
Day 5 - Jiuzhaigou to HuangLong by 4 hours bus ride (Overnight at FlipFlop Hostel, Chengdu)
Day 6 - JinLi Street, Chengdu. Fly back Chengdu - KLIA2


No comments: