Tuesday, November 12, 2013

VS0

"Start where you are, Use what you have, Do what you can" - Arthur Ashe

Since I joined the VS facebook group, I had missed a few session because of my other plan that falls on the same day with the session. I was a bit frustrated. So when they changed the day from Sunday to Tuesday, I was sooo excited coz I know the chances of joining the session on weekdays are much higher than weekend. Biasa la weekend selalu je ade hal, tapi weekdays bukan setiap hari pon balik kerja lambat. and I tried so hard to be available on Tuesday night everyweek, to be with the kids.

My first week, was a bit hard. Even before I decided to go, I had plenty thoughts in mind. Because I don't know anyone from the team and I am a new comer so macam a bit awkward coz they already know each other kan. I don't know what to expect from the kids. I don't know what to prepare and what to bring. Macam dah lama tak rasa nervous like this except for work-related. It's true when some people say getting out from your comfort zone is a satisfaction. It was really fun!

My first session was on Tuesday from 8pm to 10pm. So after reading from the facebook group posts and texting another volunteer who also joined, I prepared myself with A4 paper and a box of pencil. They said we will teach the kids mathematics and review their exam papers since it is towards the end of the  year so most of them have done with final exams. I also brought uno stacko and a board game Pictureka which I have at home just in case we got extra time to play.


I drove off from home after maghrib. I've studied the map a few times and I'm sure it's gonna take me about 10 minutes to get there. Along the way, banyak sangat benda nak pikir, dah la tak penah mengajar, dah lama xbelajar jugak. nervous gila pls and I even thought of youtubing "how to teach kids mathematics", "the right way of teaching" and everything along the line. Nak jumpa volunteers2 lain pon macam nervous jugak. lupa dah macam mana nak bersocial dengan strangers. semua pon nervous first time kot pfffttt.

I will share my very first experience later in VS1. And you know what? It went so well :) I think I did good. Alhamdulillah. hihi

No comments: